Engineering & Technical•
Location: Province-Wide, SK, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9S528178629
Category: Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with a Sparwood, BC-based company to hire an experienced Lead, Water Management on a full-time permanent basis. They offer a full relocation package along with a lucrative base, two annual bonuses, benefits, and stocks!
Reporting to the Senior Lead, Environmental Operations, the Lead, Water Management is responsible for leading water balance assessments and water management risk reduction, while ensuring alignment with Operations, Regional Water Quality Modelling, and the Company Water Governance Framework. You will be leading our water management working groups on-site from our centralized Environment team in Sparwood, British Columbia, and travel to multiple operations within the Elk Valley.
To be successful, we require someone with strong interpersonal, and communication skills, who can influence others and gain compliance through outstanding relationship building. Responsible for collaborating closely with the regional water monitoring, water quality, and water treatment teams, this person thrives in a team environment and can present to a variety of audiences. Leadership and mentoring skills would be vital for success.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Provide numerical modeling expertise for hydrological, hydrogeological, climate change, water quality, and hydraulic structure design and management
- Provide leadership and technical guidance in response to environmental incidents related to water management for major development projects and mine planning Advise on surface water, groundwater, hydrology, and pit dewatering programs
- Guide and support the water management planning processes for operations, and lead key initiatives, such as assessments of water management facilities at all the operations
- Develop and provide support for regional mitigation plans, such as nitrogen management, water management discharge plan, and flood and freshet plans
- Build and maintain positive relationships with government agencies, Indigenous groups, and local communities of interest
- Ensure regional regulatory commitments, conditions, and regulations relating to Water Management and Water Management Facilities are met
- Provide senior-level technical review of permitting applications and regulatory submissions
- Support the development of requests for proposal, work planning, and other tendering documents to advance key water-related projects
- Degree in Engineering or Science, in civil engineering, hydrology, hydrogeology, or related field
- Eligible for registration or registered with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of B.C. (EGBC);
- Minimum five years of experience in an industrial environment, preferably in mining, or oil and gas
- Strong project management and delivery experience, including experience delivering small-, medium- and large-size multi-stakeholders projects
- Experience leading the development and implementation of water management programs, and risk evaluation of water quality and quantity
- Technical knowledge of federal and provincial mining water practices and regulatory compliance
Job ID: 9S528178629
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.