Engineering & Technical•
Location: Province-Wide, BC, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9S704394531
Category: Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with an Elkford, BC-based company to hire a Senior Environmental Coordinator on a full-time permanent basis. They offer a full relocation package along with a competitive base, bonus, and other incentives!
Reporting to the Superintendent, Environment, the Senior Environmental Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership to support environmental programs, project implementation, regulatory reporting, permitting, compliance management, and continuous improvement of the site and regional environmental performance initiatives.
In this role, you will engage with regulatory agencies, First Nations, and communities of interest, building and maintaining positive relationships with these and our internal departments. You will also work directly with site operational teams to integrate approved projects into our operations, and facilitate ongoing compliance and continuous improvement, gaining field and operations experience for your future career progression!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Supervise a team of professionals and support management of site Environment teams, contractors, and consultants
- Lead and support project integration with ongoing operations, and the transition between permitting and implementation on-site with a focus on strong environmental performance
- Implement and maintain appropriate environmental operational controls to manage risk, including Pre-Development Assessments, Management Plans, Standard Practices and Procedures, and conduct efficacy reviews to assess implementation and inform improvements
- Respond to and report environmental incidents per management plans and procedures
- Facilitate regulatory inspections, and support audit programs as necessary
- Support sustainability initiatives, inclusive of continuous improvement activities
- Support development and execution of budgets and maintain strong cost control
- Manage project compliance to legal and other requirements and contribute to various reports to meet provincial and federal requirements and corporate commitments and initiatives
- Degree or diploma in Biology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or related field
- Minimum eight years of demonstrated ability working in an environmental management capacity and three years of team leadership experience
- Solid understanding of environmental management practices, including risk management, related to water, air quality, waste, and biology (fish, birds, mammals, reptiles, vegetation)
- Strong understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements applicable to a large natural resource industry
- Strong digital literacy and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite®, data management systems, and spatial data systems and tools
- Registered, or eligible to register, as a Registered Forest Professional, Registered Professional Biologist, Professional Agrologist, Professional Engineer, Professional Chemist, or a related professional designation is an asset
Job ID: 9S704394531
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.