David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client in the Langley area, to recruit for a Senior Steel Estimator to join their growing team.
This position is responsible for accurately estimating rebar and other related items for a variety of lump sum. Projects ranging from under 1 tonne to over 10,000 tonnes. The successful candidate will be customer focused and able to assist in all aspects of estimating, budgeting, contract negotiation and scheduling.
This position reports directly into the Branch Manager and also has strong potential to grow into a management role within the business and oversee the estimating department directly.
- Complete accurate and detailed take-off of reinforcing steel for a variety of lump sum projects by the tender deadline.
- Review scope of work, specifications, and addendums for respective projects to ensure accurate breakdown of material as required.
- Produce structural take-offs by examining drawings from engineers and/or architects to determine the requirements and quantity of reinforcing steel.
- Review and makes changes to estimates as per post-tender addendums.
- Use Soule estimating software for rebar take-off, and Bluebeam software for on-screen viewing and take-off.
- Request all information that is required to correctly estimate concrete reinforcements.
- Review drawings and identify any changes from Tender to Issued for Construction and entering any changes/revisions into Estimating software for pricing.
- Ensure accurate estimates are forwarded to the Sales Team in a timely matter.
- Estimate large key projects.
- Collaborate with peers to drive best practices and ensure consistent, high quality performance standards throughout the department.
- Oversee all internal and external estimator.
The Ideal Candidate:
- A minimum of 5 (preferably 8) years of direct work experience as a reinforcing steel estimator and/or detailer.
- Experience in all aspects of rebar estimating and budgets.
- Ability to examine in depth all construction documents
- Ability to supervise and train employees, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Experience in estimating or detailing rebar in all types of concrete structures.
Please apply now to be considered as we are currently shortlisting applications.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Joshua Poplawski, Consultant, Aplin Engineering & Technical. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-VAN
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.