David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit for a Senior Project Manager.
- Compile project charters and business/project plans to support activities, including the most suitable approach to be used in the development of each applicable program/project, to ensure business objectives and data integrity are achieved.
- Manage project(s) adhering to the PMO standards, including but not limited to, documenting business requirements, leading the design and deliver IT solutions that are compliant with the enterprise architecture, and successfully delivering on project objectives.
- Provide recommendations around resource requirements, dependencies, interdependencies, policy implications (pertaining to internal/external influences), and the software/system methodology to be applied.
- Produce and package deliverables for presentation to various internal support teams, Steering Committee, and other project stakeholders, in accordance to PMO standards.
- Manage multiple projects, project resources and project governance.
- Take responsibility for ongoing client management – manage peer-level client relationships and overcome hurdles to ensure win-win solutions.
- Collaborate with business and IT leadership to develop a well-defined project charter, and subsequent plan, which clearly states the project’s objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, benefits and budget.
- Work with project sponsors and the project management office to develop a project organization structure with clearly defined roles and responsibilities for all stakeholders in accordance to the project governance structure.
- Report project status of established objectives, milestones, budget, schedule, and resources.
Facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Develop and maintain a project schedule, estimate resource requirements, develop and monitor work plans and take corrective action for completion of project tasks.
- Provide guidance to project resources in establishing work priorities and prompt delivery of project tasks.
- Develop, as required, related requirements documentation.
- In collaboration with project sponsors, assess whether the project achieved stated outcomes and identify opportunities for improvement for future similar projects by capturing lessons learned.
Provide leadership and assistance to business and project teams that require change management and communication support.
- Adhere to the standards defined by the project management office (EG PMO) and in the absence of standards, support the project management office to define new standards.
- Additional activities as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- 8 years demonstrated experience working as a Project Manager on a large complex IT projects (COTS, development, SaaS, and/or infrastructure).
- 8 years demonstrated experience managing multiple IT projects concurrently.
- 8 years experience defining project scope and goals in collaboration with business stakeholders.
- 8 years experience developing project deliverables including project charters, business cases, briefing notes, status reports, risk logs and project closures.
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Jade Murphy, Recruiter, Aplin Information Technology. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-EDM
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.