Engineering & Technical•
Location: Province-Wide, ON, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9S41915363
Category: Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with a Mississauga, Ontario-based company to hire an experienced Automation Technician on a full-time permanent basis. The role requires a lot of travel across North America and Europe. They open a competitive base + OT + Benefits + All travel allowances!
Senior Automation Technician is a key role in the successful delivery of the company's solutions and upholds exceptional mechanical ability, organizational skills, and an eye for customer satisfaction. This role is responsible for supporting the clients with the installation and testing of new equipment, operator training, scheduled maintenance, and service calls, both during and outside of regular business hours.
- Installation and integration of products i.e., Autoslip, Print Feeders, Large-Cap Feeders
- Installation of order fulfillment equipment i.e., conveyor systems, strappers, carton sealers, printers, label applicators, check weighers, and product verification systems at clients’ sites
- Train customer operators, engineering and maintenance staff on operation and maintenance of installed equipment
- Train and mentor new hires and junior technicians
- Scheduled maintenance, servicing, and troubleshooting of the above-mentioned equipment
- Work with engineers and customers to help solve unique system problems
- Provide customers with email, telephone, and on-site support as needed
- Document and report all installation, maintenance, service, and support related work completed as per company policies and procedures
- Work with Regional Sales Team to support in-field demo of systems
- Promote regular preventative maintenance programs
- 5 years of experience in servicing industrial or warehouse automation equipment
- Technical higher education preferred
- Effective communication skills, both orally and written
- Ability to work under pressure and remain calm while troubleshooting technical issues
- Strong time management, problem-solving and organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu) operating systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- Travel outside the country will be required. Must currently have and maintain a valid passport and driver’s license
Job ID: 9S41915363
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.