David Aplin Group, one of Canada's Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client, a dynamic and growing local manufacturer of food ingredients, to recruit a Mill Operator / Manager of Milling Operations, for the Saskatchewan Region. This permanent, full-time opportunity is ideal for someone looking to join an innovative, visionary organization with the ultimate goal of impacting the environment, animal wellness, and human health.
Reporting directly to the General Manager, this role will be responsible for milling operations. The successful candidate will oversee the manufacturing and production of ingredients made from pulse crops while also working hands-on to operate the milling equipment. This role will manage and direct all manufacturing/production activities, including scheduling, planning, inventory management, budgeting, process improvement, team training, troubleshooting, and maintenance.
- Operation of milling equipment producing both fine and coarse flours
- Lead milling team members to achieve operational excellence by providing support, training, coaching, and mentorship. This includes instructing milling teams on equipment functionality, the theory of operation, and component make-up
- Managing production schedules in order to maximize safe and efficient production, as well as maintaining a high standard of product quality
- Ensure compliance with all standards, regulations, policies, and specifications relating to food safety and sanitation
- Collaboration with other departments to ensure customer satisfaction
- Establish and manage annual department and capital projects budgets
- Maintain accurate inventories of supplies and finished products
- Ensure timely and efficient maintenance of all equipment within the milling department by coordinating between maintenance and milling crews to prioritize preventative maintenance
- Gather and analyze operational data in order to identify and implement process improvements
The Ideal Candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a food production facility as a mill operator is required
- Mechanical aptitude is considered an asset with a preference for candidates who have a background in maintenance or an electrical ticket
- Excellent leadership, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Detail orientation and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment.
- Strong planning, scheduling, multitasking, and organizational skills
- Competency with MS Office products, general computer proficiency
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Suzanne Noesgaard, Consultant, Aplin Engineering & Technical. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. #LI-SAS
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly 4 decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada - all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.