Join one of Canada’s recognized producers today on an exciting project that is leading Canada's mining industry. Make your career mark on a proven high-grade, long-life, underground mine that has been acknowledged as a bright light in the industry.
The Lead Surveyor will work closely with engineers and technical staff to provide assistance in the surveying of underground workings and to provide the necessary surveyed references for underground operations. This position requires the lead to provide direction and mentorship to a more junior surveyor and will also be expected to use industry’s best practices to address daily tasks in a safe manner.
• Perform underground development surveying tasks
• Update prints with surveyed information and indication from the production engineers
• Perform CMS to follow stopping progression and other vertical excavations
• Survey production drilling to check for accuracy
• Provide reference tools for the mine department to properly operate
• Provide coaching to junior surveyor
• Participate in the month end reports preparation
• Mine Technician/Technologist
• Minimum of 3 years of underground technical experience, specifically in UG surveying
• Experience with Leica surveying instruments (TS-15)
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, Autocad and Promine is desired • The individual should demonstrate a high level of energy, self-motivation and strong organizational skills
• Highly organized with exceptional attention to detail, able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, growing work environment
• The incumbent will demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner.
Don’t miss fast tracking your career with an organization that rewards performance, ability, ambition, and passion. This is a fly-in fly-out position that includes an industry leading compensation package. Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.