Location: Brampton, ON, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9P29833577
Category: Human Resources
Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with a Brampton, Ontario-based company to hire a Human Resources Manager.
This role is responsible for managing the Human Resources function in a unionized, multi-plant, production environment. This position will ensure HR standards are met while continuously evaluating current processes and implementing new strategic initiatives. With your finger on the pulse of the organization, the Human Resources Manager will be a trusted member of the leadership team, making recommendations and decisions to support the organizational growth and success.
Perks & Benefits:
- 100-120k bases + bonus
- Manage and provide guidance, direction, and coaching to the human resources team
- Work closely with the leadership team and Corporate HR to develop people strategies
- Resolve complex HR issues effectively by applying knowledge across disciplines of HR including recruitment, compensation, performance management, training, employee/labour relations, and workforce planning
- Facilitate and foster lasting relationships with Management, employees, and Unions to effectively resolve workplace issues
- Drive talent management activities that set out clear career paths and developmental options for employees
- Support and increase staff retention and productivity initiatives using strategies to enhance employee engagement, improve communication, promote leadership, and foster employee development. Liaise with Corporate HR to identify and assist in the development and implementation of programs
- Serve as a link between management and employees by addressing any human resource questions regarding interpretations, policies, procedures, etc.
- Work with the leadership team to manage succession planning and talent management programs and initiatives
- Partner closely with Corporate HR to maintain effective employee communication flow, proper processes, and procedures
- Implement new corporate programs and policies
- Maintain relationships with community groups and schools
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related area
- Minimum of five (5) years of HR management experience in the construction or manufacturing industry within a unionized environment
- CHRL/CHRP professional designation is an asset
- Extensive knowledge and experience in human resource management including problem-solving, conflict resolutions, coaching, and analytical skills
- Experience using human resources management software
- Possess knowledge of the Labour Act law and the Employment Standards Act requirements
- Ability to deal with conflicting priorities and a variety of complex situations with tact and diplomacy
- Work well in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and be detail-oriented
- Advanced ability in Microsoft Office products
- A solid understanding of team strategies and objectives
Job ID: 9P29833577
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today or send your resume in confidence directly to Trish O'Quinn, Senior Consultant. We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.