Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9A151508728
- Principles, practices, and techniques of administration, organization, and operation.
- Principles and practices of effective management, training and supervision of volunteers and staff
- Projecting, managing, and monitoring cash flows and budget, and revenue generation through donations
- Community development programming, including implementation and evaluation. As well as volunteer management.
- Excellent communication skills including active listening, reading comprehension, methods and techniques for professional record keeping, writing, reporting and project management.
- Team Leadership– Builds the commitment of the team to the organization’s mission, goals, and values; and aligns team objectives and priorities with the broader objectives of the organization.
- Analytical Thinking / Decision-Making– Recognizes, analyzes, and solves problems across projects and in complex situations.
- Adaptability– Shifts priorities, changes style, and responds to new approaches as needed to deal with new or changing demands.
- Communication– Uses varied communication systems, methodologies, and strategies to promote dialogue and shared understanding. Open communication style that can work with many demographics from clients, staff, volunteers, donors and more.
- A deep understanding of Truth and Reconciliation and commitment to addressing the TRC Calls to Action through work at TPS. Prior work with Indigenous communities would be an asset
- Partnership building and maintenance
- Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of the organization
- Monthly invoicing and financial preparation for bookkeeper and reporting for treasurer
- Communication planning and development, including:
- Mass emails, Social Media management and website updates/maintenance
- Supplies & equipment management and purchases
- Maintaining master dress list records and inventory, and facility
- Complete payroll biweekly and update as needed
- Continuously assess the need for staff and volunteers to enhance program/service delivery
- Develop and implement effective strategies to recruit the right staff and volunteers with the right skills
- Develop and implement an intake and interview protocol for potential staff and volunteers to ensure the best match between the skills, qualifications, and interests of the volunteers and the needs of the organization
- Work with staff and volunteers to increase their understanding of the organization, its clients, its services and the role and responsibilities of volunteers
- Represent the organization at community activities to enhance the organization's community profile
- Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of the organization's programs and services:
- Dress Program, Next Chapter Program, Fairy Godmother Program, and Ribbon Skirt Program
- Work with and support the Program Coordinators to monitor the day-to-day delivery of the programs and services of the organization to maintain or improve quality
- Ensure that the programs and services offered by the organization contribute to the organization's mission and reflect the priorities of the Board
- Oversee the planning, implementation, execution, and evaluation of special projects
- Work with program partners to build and maintain relationships
- Prepare annual budget and work with the Board (Finance Committee) to finalize a comprehensive budget
- Research funding sources, develop a resource development plan, and prepare funding proposals to increase organizational funding
- Manage donor software and donor communications to maintain and build donor relations
- Participate in fundraising activities as appropriate, including:
- Overseeing planning of the annual Glass Slipper Benefit
- Other fundraisers throughout the year (e.g., third-party fundraising opportunities)
- Approve expenditures within the authority delegated by the Board
- Administer the funds of the organization according to the approved budget and monitor the monthly cash flow of the organization
- Ensure that the organization complies with all legislation covering taxation
- Foster effective teamwork between the Board and the Executive Director and between the Executive Director and volunteer staff
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Develop an operational plan which incorporates goals and objectives that work towards the strategic direction of the organization
- Act as an advisor to the Board of Directors on all aspects of the organization's activities
- Provide the Board with comprehensive, regular reports on the revenues and expenditure of the organization
- Provide support to the board by preparing new member orientation packages and board meeting packages
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.