Engineering & Technical•
Location: Province-Wide, SK, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9S54229367
Category: Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. David Aplin Group has partnered with a Sparwood, BC-based company to hire an experienced Senior Lead – Environmental Performance on a full-time permanent basis. They offer a full relocation package and hybrid work culture along a competitive base plus bonuses!
Reporting to the Manager, Environmental Operations, the Senior Lead, Environmental Performance is responsible for the implementation of an environmental compliance and performance improvement strategy across our Coal Operations in British Columbia and Alberta. Initially, the role will focus fully on the development and implementation of environmental compliance corrective action plans. The role will transition into the implementation of an overall environmental performance strategy.
To be successful, my client is looking for someone with strong leadership skills. The person has excellent interpersonal and communication skills and can build relationships across all levels of multidisciplinary teams. Strong abilities in thinking critically and finding solutions, as well as providing strategic direction, would be important.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Lead, supervise, and coach a regional team
- Provide senior strategic direction on the development and implementation of environmental compliance corrective action plans
- Develop and implement continual improvement plans related to corporate HSEC Management Standards
- Regular reporting on progress against environmental key performance indicators
- Interact with regulators, local Indigenous Nations, and senior mine personnel to advise and resolve issues
- Develop and implement regional initiatives to support ongoing operations and future development projects in the Elk Valley
- Understand, interpret, and provide senior strategic direction on existing and emerging federal and provincial regulations
- Mentor and develop team members in areas such as basic incident investigation and detailed risk assessments; ensure progressive development plans are in place
- Degree or diploma in Science or Engineering, in an environmental-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum ten years of demonstrated ability in progressive operational management leadership roles, large project management, and expertise in environmental management
- Technical knowledge and demonstrated experience in compliance and environmental management systems
- Excellent knowledge of provincial and federal regulatory approvals practices, legislation, and regulations, especially within British Columbia
- Experience in engaging and collaborating with Indigenous nations, regulatory agencies, and other communities of interest
Job ID: 9S54229367
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.