Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9S209503518
The Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) is the administrative lead for the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo, performing the duties and exercising the powers assigned to a CAO under the Municipal Government Act and other applicable legislation. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Municipality, including the acquisition and effective management of financial, physical, and human resources. The CAO provides professional advice to Council ensuring resolutions, bylaws, policies, and plans are implemented while keeping Council informed on progress and emerging issues.
- A university degree in Public or Business Administration, Engineering, Accounting, Land Use Planning, or another related discipline is required.
- Fifteen (15) years of experience in senior leadership roles, with an understanding of government or board governance is required. This experience must include managing large amounts of information, making difficult decisions in complex situations, negotiating, administering and controlling budgets, and establishing creative solutions for operational and community issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively and maintain positive relationships.
- Strong leadership skills with a high degree of personal initiative, integrity, and professionalism.
- Commitment to fostering a workplace of respect, diversity, and inclusion.
- Ability to deal effectively with high-pressure and challenging situations with the capability to succeed in both independent and collaborative working environments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop positive relationships with diverse stakeholder groups, including but not limited to industry, government, Indigenous groups, and members of the public.
- Awareness and understanding of Indigenous culture issues, communities, and protocols.
- Political awareness and sensitivity, with the ability to adapt management and communication styles to the needs of the Council.
- Experience working in a public sector work environment with unionized and non-unionized employees is considered an asset.
- Certificate in local government administration is considered an asset.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.