Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: MT617107314
Category: Information Technology
If you are a talented and experienced full-time Senior Technical Support Specialist, David Aplin Group has partnered with a Vancouver-British Columbia-based company in the manufacturing industry. This is an exciting opportunity to work for an established organization with multiple government and public sector contracts in its repertoire.
As Senior Technical Support Specialist, you report to the Director of IT and will be the main point of contact for all technical support issues, working with a wide variety of software, hardware, and tools, and be an escalation point for the junior support team members as a senior member.
You will also get the opportunity to be exposed to system network and security tasks to improve the organization's security.
- Provide remote and on-site tiers 1-3 technical support to employees
- Install, configure, and maintain a vast array of IT environments and systems, including LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi networks, Firewalls, Servers, Storage, Cloud Services, and End-User support
- Create and update standards, procedures, and checklists to ensure consistency across the company and internal documentation
- Responding to and assisting with IT issues while meeting customer service and response time (SLA) objectives.
- Develop strong relationships with vendors, technical, operations, and management teams with an overall goal of improving customer service and satisfaction
- Troubleshoot systems issues with ambiguous information
- Monitor support queue to respond to issues promptly
- Document all work in the ticketing system and keep other team members informed of the status of issues resolution
- Proactively ensure servers are being backed up and are recoverable
- Participate in technical meetings, initiatives, and discussions to improve service delivery
- Analyze current technical designs, risks, and issues, proposing new and effective solutions
- Assist junior technicians with anything requiring escalation
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education or certification
- 4-6 years of experience in IT providing tier 1,2 and/or 3 support.
- Knowledge of Firewall configuration (either Sophos XG, SonicWALL, Meraki, Cisco ASA, or Palo Alto)
- Understanding of network technology (TCP/IT, VLAN, VPN, DNS, SSL)
- Knowledge of virtualization (such as VMware or Hyper-V)
- Experience installing and supporting VOIP
- Experience working in a Windows-based environment (IOS/MAC is an asset)
- Active Directory, Exchange, and O365 are a must
- Experience with remote access software and ticketing systems
- Flexible work schedule, ability to work on a rotational on-call basis (but mostly 9-5 pm), and on-site in Vancouver
- Bilingual in English and French is an asset
Job ID: MT617107314
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.