Accounting & Finance•
Location: Edmonton, AB, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: CB11435578
Category: Accounting & Finance
To succeed in this role, you must love keeping everything organized and staying ahead of deadlines. You also enjoy a little diversity in your role, supporting teammates in all aspects of our business. There will be some challenging tasks in this role and some "turn on your favourite tunes and get it done" tasks.
Perks & Benefits:
• Competitive compensation package.
• Flexible work environment.
• Extensive benefits package (100% employer-paid) & health spending/wellness account.
• RRSP Matching.
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple bank accounts.
• Prepare monthly remittance schedules for insurance partners.
• Maintain all schedules (prepaid, fixed assets, investments, etc) for month-end.
• Maintain general ledger and post journal entries.
• Prepare payments for vendor invoices, partner remittances, and employee
reimbursements in Plooto (payables software).
• Upload and review receipts to Dext (expense management software) and match
receipts in QBO.
• Reconciliation of corporate credit card expenses.
• Maintain and reconcile all employee expense reports.
• Deposit cheques online or prepare bank deposits as required.
• Maintain pre-authorized debit program enrolment, processing, and
• Enter various accepted payments on customer accounts including cheque, e-transfer,
online bill payment, credit card, etc.
• Assist with the quarterly performance report for the Board.
• Assist with customer payment inquiries.
• Assist with year-end audit.
• Other duties as assigned for special projects.
• Accounting diploma/certificate would be considered an asset.
• Working knowledge of cloud accounting software, apps, and systems. Specifically, QBO, Dext, and Plooto is an asset.
• Highly skilled in Microsoft Office 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
• Loves working with teammates and independently.
• Willing to ask questions or obtain assistance when needed.
• Exceptional ability to keep oneself and others organized.
• Ability to plan, prioritize and complete multiple tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job ID: CB11435578
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.