Engineering & Technical•
Location: Province-Wide, AB, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9S513707830
Category: Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. Aplin has partnered with an Alberta-based company, a reputed consulting company, employee-owned to hire an experienced Transportation Manager on a full-time permanent basis for their Calgary office.
As their Transportation Division continues to grow, there is an opportunity to take on a leadership role with the team, supporting public and private sector transportation projects in southern Alberta.
The successful candidate must be able to: (1) manage all project execution and business development aspects of the Company’s business within the specified services, and (2) ensure that all technical and administrative aspects of our services are being performed in a manner consistent with the Company’s goals, standards, and performance objectives.
Duties will include, but will not necessarily be limited to the following:
- Managing and coordinating staff and assigning resources to projects
- Managing and supervising staff and assisting with recruitment, career planning, and salary reviews
- Promoting staff development and growth through coaching and mentoring
- Preparing technical reports, proposals, design briefs, design drawings, and specifications
- Ensuring quality and accuracy of designs, reports, and studies
- Ensuring project needs are met in an effective and timely matter
- Managing client relationships
- Business development and marketing
- Ensuring the financial success of the company through proactive project management and coaching of project managers and project team
In addition to the attributes and desired experience previously cited, candidates should have the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering or diploma in Civil Engineering Technology
- Professional Designation and Registered with APEGA or ASET
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Transportation project, delivery, design, engineering, and management
- Minimum of 5 years in a consulting environment
- Established client relationships with Alberta Transportation, the City of Calgary, and others in the Alberta market
- Experience in:
- Business Development in both private and public sectors
- Project management and controls with a proven track record of client delivery and satisfaction, and financial success
- Coaching and mentoring staff
- Liaising with clients, contractors, and other consultants
- Managing staff including hiring, and performance reviews
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Committed team player and an independent worker
- Ability to travel within Canada
- Possesses a valid driver’s license
Job ID: 9S513707830
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.