Elk Valley, BC•
Engineering & Technical•
Location: Elk Valley, BC, Canada
Job Type: Permanent
Job ID: 9M111389729
Category: Engineering & Technical
Join a top employer and advance your career. Aplin has partnered with an Elk Valley, BC-based company to hire a Senior Coordinator, Risk & Incident Response.
Our client in Elk Valley, BC is seeking to hire a Senior Coordinator, Risk and Incident Response who will be responsible for developing and implementing environmental incident and risk management programs at both the operating sites and business unit level. This position may conduct field inspections or site visits in the Elk Valley. To succeed, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal and communication skills who can organize and prioritize competing tasks in a fast-paced environment. This person can present information to all levels of the organization and has excellent critical thinking and decision-making abilities. This role will include a lucrative compensation package with relocation costs fully covered.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures Establish and maintain a hierarchy and system of classification for incident management controls at both the operating sites and business unit level that are in alignment with the corporate Health, Safety, Environment and Community (HSEC) Management Standards
- Lead environmental incident management, support incident investigations, and development of environmental corrective and preventive action plans
- Monitor and report on progress against corrective and preventive action plans related to incidents and risk mitigation
- Act as the Environmental Risk Champion for the Sustainable Development (SD) Team Maintain the SD Team’s risk register; incorporate changes as needed
- Support environmental personnel at both the operating sites and business unit level in the application of the corporate Risk Management Process
- Facilitate multidisciplinary risk assessment sessions related to historic non-compliances and known risk sources at both the operating sites and business unit level
- Perform data analysis and identify trends indicating emerging environmental risks
- Education in Health, Safety, and Environment management, including compliance, auditing, risk management, emergency response, and assurance, in combination with meaningful experience Minimum of seven years of experience in environmental management or safety
- Minimum three years of supervisory or team leadership experience
- Exceptional knowledge of provincial and federal environmental laws and regulations
- A degree or Diploma in Environmental Science or Environmental Law, or Natural Resources is an asset Experience in emergency response and planning is an asset
- Knowledge of Incident Command Systems and methodologies is an asset Knowledge of Enterprise Risk Management and methodologies is an asset
Job ID: 9M111389729
If you are interested in this position and meet the qualifications, apply today! We thank all applicants; however, only those who are authorized to work in Canada or are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency specializing in finding top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.