Halifax, Nova Scotia•
Engineering & Technical•
- Work jointly with Sales & Marketing, Applications Engineering and Product Managers to identify requirements, trends and new innovations within the Power Systems and other industry sectors.
- Define, propose, and direct research initiatives in collaboration with internal technical resources, senior management, and educational institutions, with a key focus on productization.
- Responsible for maintaining and upkeeping of the existing product lines, keeping pace with the industry standards.
- Responsible for conceptualization, feasibility study and define projects which encompass HW, Embedded Firmware and user interface Software.
- Define and spec project scope, goals, and desirables in support of corporate and business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Participate in the development of full project and research plans as per existing ISO 9001 process and associated specification documents.
- Identify and communicate any intellectual property ideas to the senior management as soon as it is identified for discussion and further action.
- Prepare periodic reporting on initiatives and communicate with senior management and stakeholders on the progress, issues, impacts and mitigation actions.
- Estimate the necessary budget, resources, participants, and skills needed to validate and productize corporate initiatives.
- Set and continually manage expectations with team members and key stakeholders.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise team members and contractors / consultants, growing the internal skill set and influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical degree with Power Systems focus, or equivalent industry experience.
- Minimum 10 years working knowledge of electric power systems and practices & philosophies.
- Ability to compile and assess information from various sources (industry standards, technical specifications, market data, etc.) to develop actional development specifications.
- Ability to work with marketing, applications, and technical resources to devise and propose potential research initiatives and accompanying business justification.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Strong computer and business software skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.