Engineering & Technical•
The Technical Services Engineer is responsible for all technical aspects of the interface with the customer. Multi-tasking and time management are critical. You would be working out of your home office (no more daily commuting) depending on your location. Travel up to 50% may be required.
- Maintain customer satisfaction by providing problem-solving to current and potential customers and providing technical support to the sales team
- Develop and maintain an expert level of technical expertise in electric power system protection and/or automation
- Assist and mentor junior engineers and technicians
- Supervisory duties as assigned
- Help customers apply company products through visits, demonstrations, training courses, and telephone contact
- Meet with our customers to determine the feature sets that our products need to have to succeed in the marketplace and provide this information to the Marketing team
- In collaboration with the other members of the Technical Services Group, provide support to and resolve customer concerns by providing application notes, conference papers, responding to questions, Webex demonstrations, etc.
- Contribute with customer service information for strategic plans and reviews done by Marketing; resolve problems; identify customer service trends; and determine system improvements
- Assist in the preparation and presentation of successful proposals for company products, services, and systems
- Be a secondary customer contact on primarily technical matters
- Participate in training efforts and assist customers with the installation, commissioning, and operation systems involving company products, both onsite and from different offices
- Participate in Industry technical meetings such as NASPI, IEEE PSRC, etc.
- Provide input to the manuals, datasheets, ordering guides, etc. for use by the customers
- Provide support for marketing, sales, application engineering, and development activities
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge of company products and solutions to electric power system protection and automation
- Complete assigned work within the agreed schedule and budget to a high level of quality
- Assume a Project Management role on assigned projects
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Working knowledge of electric power systems practices and philosophies
- Working knowledge of protective relay applications at utility or engineering firms and industry practices
- Experience with EMTP, load flow, and short circuit studies
- Passion for our customers to see them succeed
- Excellent technical training, speaking and writing skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Very strong computer and business software skills
- Exceptional organization and "get it done" skills
- Background check results
- Negative drug test result(s)
Preferred Technical Qualifications:
- Experience with electric power transmission, distribution, and generation systems
- Experience in power systems protective relay and fault recorder use involving transmission lines and substations.
- Knowledge of advanced communication protocols and communication system architecture
- Experience being a part of project teams and leading teams
- Expert knowledge of system protection, integration, and automation applications
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.