This a contract opportunity starting ASAP for 2 months with the potential of extension!
If you are self-sufficient, organized, and have at least 2 years of administrative assistant experience, please apply below!
- Facility Support: Regularly move around the facility, including walking between floors and using stairs, to oversee and address various operational needs.
- Reception and Office Administration: Handle front desk duties, greet visitors, and manage incoming calls. Assist with general office administrative tasks.
- Event Planning and Coordination: Plan and execute activities, including setting up decorations around the facility, ordering lunches, and coordinating seasonal events.
- Communication Management: Update and maintain monthly PowerPoint communications sent to all staff. Manage communication boards around the facility to ensure information is current.
- Vendor Management: Oversee the flow of vendors in and out of the facility. Coordinate services and address any issues that may arise.
- Facility Maintenance Coordination: Actively coordinate with cleaners and other service providers for facility maintenance. Handle unexpected situations, such as organizing repairs for damaged equipment.
- Previous Administrative Experience: Prior experience in a similar administrative role, with exposure to facility management tasks.
- Mobility: Ability to move around the large facility, including going up and down stairs multiple times a day.
- Driving Requirement: Must have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle, as there is no transit access to the Acheson location.
- Flexibility: Willingness to work outside regular hours, if needed, and assist during the Christmas season.
- Organizational Skills: Strong organizational skills to manage diverse responsibilities effectively.
- Proactive Attitude: Ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and solve problems independently.
- Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills for dealing with vendors, coordinating services, and managing internal communications.
- Tech Savvy: Proficient in using Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint, for communication updates.
- Highly Adaptable: Ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment and handle changing priorities. Can work independently and make thought-out decisions!
- Professionalism: Maintain a high level of professionalism and discretion in handling sensitive information.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.