British Columbia, British Columbia•
Engineering & Technical•
To be successful we are looking for someone with outstanding interpersonal, and communication skills, who has strong influencing and mentoring skills. Someone who can stay organized, prioritize contending demands, and have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. An individual who is a motivated self-starter, who can work well with a team, but can work at a high level with minimal direction.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to engage with our operations across British Columbia and build relationships with all our drill and blast teams. You will have the opportunity to design fundamentals, including technical design, implementation, and monitoring for blasts in locations with varying levels of risk. With a solid understanding of day-to-day drill and blast field operations in surface mining, you will have the ability to own your role and handle your day-to-day tasks efficiently.
The position is located in Sparwood, BC. Initially, the work schedule will follow a compressed workweek with alternate Fridays off. As you gain training and site familiarity, the schedule will transition to a 4x4 arrangement with 12-hour day shifts. Please note that this role entails relocating to Sparwood/Fernie, BC. The client provides an attractive compensation package, including a competitive base salary, bonuses, RRSP, comprehensive benefits starting from day one, and a relocation package.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental policies and procedures
- Support drill and blast operations, explosives suppliers, and engineering teams to increase operational safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of processes
- Plan, coordinate, and communicate all drill and blast system changes to all partners
- Ability to quickly analyze large amounts of drill and blast data to drive informed continuous improvement and/or reduce operational costs
- Audit and report on drill and blast bench practices to monitor and influence site performance
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with site personnel
- Participate in relevant incident reviews relating to drill and blast and engage technical specialists as required
- Work closely with explosives suppliers, Research and Development, software developers, and environmental groups in the optimization of explosives use and blasting practices that minimize post-blast fumes, and explosives losses to the environment, and optimize safe production
- Provide support to other business improvement initiatives across the operations
- A degree in Mining Engineering or a combination of education and work experience in the mining drill and blast sector
- Registered, or eligible to register, with Engineers and Geoscientists of British Columbia (EGBC)
- Five to seven years’ demonstrated ability working as a Mining Engineer in mining operations or seven years in a Drill and Blast Technical role
- Strong digital literacy in mining-related software
- Knowledge of querying SQL databases is recommended
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.