Accounting & Finance•
The Controller is responsible for the overall functions of accounting and financial operations. In this role, you will lead the provision and delivery of sound financial structures, controls, processes, and procedures as well as work with senior leaders on strategy and future processes.
- Prepare year end working papers for external review.
- Month end Financial Statement preparation for management review.
- Bi-weekly payroll processing which requires a good understanding of payroll and labor laws.
- Administration of employee benefit program.
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance reporting and remittances to CRA, CBSA, Statistics Canada, and WCB.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of the company.
- Oversee the finance team, providing continuous coaching, mentorship, and career development support.
- Accounting designation (CPA), and 7+ years of accounting and financial reporting experience at a senior management level.
- Prior responsibility for full-cycle accounting and finance functions, including reporting, analysis, and issues resolution.
- Full cycle accounting knowledge including knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience in leading/coaching/mentoring staff.
- Willingness to be hands on in all aspects of accounting.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Suite, specifically with excel.
- Experience with Quickbooks and experience with distribution and inventory is considered an asset.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.