North Bay, Ontario•
Engineering & Technical•
The company has been recognized for overall business performance and sustained growth with Canada's Best Managed Companies designation.
The Process Engineer is responsible for working with the Production Managers to identify and take action on opportunities to improve efficiency, quality, yield, and safety within various manufacturing departments.
This full-time, non-union opportunity is a very dynamic position and is best suited for someone seeking career growth opportunities within an organization.
- Analyze existing manufacturing processes and identify potential improvements in the areas of efficiency, quality, yield, and safety.
- Plan and implement changes to machinery and equipment, production systems, and methods of work to achieve the identified improvements.
- Document and train on the new methods and processes and ensure they become ingrained.
- Identify and implement improvements to the quality system. ·
- Work with R&D to introduce new products at the North Bay facility.
- Identify product and process improvements to improve workflow and decrease production costs.
- Lead or assist in the identification, justification, and implementation of new equipment.
- Ability to collaborate and work within multiple departments of a manufacturing facility.
- Lead or participate in special projects, as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial or Mechanical Engineering. Preferably an EIT or P.Eng.
- High energy professional with experience in a manufacturing environment. Familiar with lean manufacturing concepts and applications.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement and quality systems.
- Strong written, and verbal English communications skills
- Technical aptitude and ability to think logically.
- Demonstrated Leadership, presentation, and training skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge in process improvement would be considered an asset.
- Ability to solve problems and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrated computer skills and aptitude are required.
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail.
- Work Schedule: Monday to Friday.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.