Vancouver, British Columbia•
Engineering & Technical•
The core requirements of this role are strong technical skills related to transportation infrastructure ranging from options studies, planning, design, tendering and contract administration. Other capabilities that would be a valuable contribution to the team include general experience related to low volume road & resource bridges, pedestrian bridges, and culvert design. You will have hands-on involvement leading and preparing studies, designs, cost estimates, specifications and contract documents. You will also be participating in business development and preparation of proposals. This position brings with it the potential for excellent career growth as you will be involved in a wide range of projects. Travel will be required at times based on project requirements.
The salary range for this position is $85,280.00 to $130,000 and is commensurate with experience relative to this position.
- Acting as Project Engineer and/or Project Manager.
- Preparing written technical reports including but not limited to feasibility studies, concept design, detailed design, and design criteria reports.
- Preparing contract documents and construction drawings.
- Overseeing and coordinating work for Civil Technologists.
- Providing support to technicians and designers to ensure deliverables are accurately prepared.
- Performing construction administration/inspection.
- Performing project management tasks including communications with clients, managing schedules, budgets, and reporting requirements.
- Coordinating sub-consultants on projects.
- Coordinating with other disciplines on larger projects.
- Executing projects in accordance with company guidelines and standards.
- Participating in marketing strategies and business development with clients to procure business through writing proposals.
- Undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited post-secondary institution.
- Registered or Eligible for registration with EGBC as a Professional Engineer.
- 3+ years of civil design experience.
- Experience in the resource sector (mining and/or forestry) related to transportation, bridge and civil studies, design, specifications, cost estimating, tendering and construction.
- Experience and proficiency in Civil 3D and AutoCAD.
- Proven technical skills.
- Strong communication and organization skills.
- Committed team player.
- Track record in managing clients and developing client relationships.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.