Engineering & Technical•
Reporting to the Processing Maintenance Supervisor, the Gas Fitter is responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of plant equipment to maintain operational standards. This role supports in the design, installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair of pipe systems, appliances, equipment, and accessories in various sectors of the mine.
This is an exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge in working with appliances and equipment that exceeds 400,000 BTUh, including boilers, burners, makeup air units, furnaces, process burners, and various other gas-fired equipment!
Benefits & Perks:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement Package
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Install, troubleshoot, and maintain process piping and all HVAC units
- Perform regular preventive maintenance, diagnose and complete repairs on all HVAC units
- Maintain, create, and record work order records
- Troubleshoot all system problems including disassembling and reassembling of system components
- Breakdown and repair natural gas burner systems
- Interprovincial Red Seal A Gas Fitter, certified in the province of British Columbia or willing to obtain prior to employment
- Valid Red Seal Journeyperson in HVAC Mechanics, Plumbing, Pipe Fitting, or related trade with experience in a heavy industry setting
- Valid driver’s license
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems such as Microsoft Office®
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and project specifications
- Thorough knowledge of relevant industry codes
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.