Supply Chain & Operations•
The Senior Supply Chain Manager is a sourcing strategist, accountable for procurement of equipment, materials and services as well as providing oversight to our client’s Canada and USA supply chain including logistics, warehousing, transportation and receiving. The successful candidate will also be responsible for identifying and negotiating contracts with vendors, the formation of contracts and contract management.
- Serve as the leader of the supply chain and logistics department working with the Management team and operations leaders to develop and refine supply chain strategy, negotiate key supplier agreements and leases, manage and maintain contractor agreements, lead warehousing/inventory control, set capital budgets, support project and annual functional area budgets, application choices and maintenance components of the supply chain.
- Provide direction, priorities, and management of the company’s supply chain strategy, centered around parts security and landed cost management.
- Ensure there is a rigorous process around procurement of subcontract work on projects.
- Provide leadership to purchasing team to ensure consistent application of purchasing processes and procedures.
- Develop and maintain key supplier relationships to provide value to our customer.
- Accountable for contract development, negotiation, recommendations, implementation and administration of all Procurement contracts.
- Accountable for planning, forecasting and analytics to ensure inventory and supply of equipment, materials and services arrive at the job site when needed.
- Accountable for the research and analysis of the vendor market, and supplier qualification criteria and execution.
- Provide efficient, timely and compliant procurement of services and materials in alignment with the business unit and external certification requirements.
- Accountable for timely and accurate storage, management and delivery of parts and materials to the business units as per agreed service standards.
- Develop and lead the people within the Supply Chain group to be a high functioning and multi-disciplinary team aligned to client’s Core Values.
- Degree in Supply Chain Management or a related discipline.
- People leader with 8+ years’ experience in supply chain leadership required.
- Preference given for candidates with SCMP, CSCS or CSCP certification.
- Understand procurement data systems for tracking and approvals of purchases.
- Familiar with international logistics.
- Solid understanding of Change Management theory and practice.
- Take reasonable care of your own and other’s health and safety and for those who may be affected by the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working toward client’s safety values.
- Proficiency with material management analytics.
- Ability to collect business requirements and translate into RFQ/RFPs.
- Able to apply understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives.
- Demonstrated skills in systems-thinking and related actions.
- Demonstrated capability to identify and resolve technical, operational, and organizational problems.
- Excellent leadership skills creating an environment for enhanced employee engagement, collaboration, and high performance.
- Strong strategic skills balanced with a “roll up the sleeves” attitude and ability to get into the details.
- Knowledge of vendor contract negotiation and development.
- Knowledge of procurement and warehousing best practices, processes, and regulatory standards.
- Knowledge of manufacturing, with preference in industrial electronics technology.
- Able to build strong networks to support continuous improvement.
- Strong ability to guide, influence and persuade others; negotiation skills to gain agreement.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.