Engineering & Technical•
Reporting directly to the Product Manager, the Category Manager (Outside Purchased Product Category) will be working collaboratively with a high-energy, multi-disciplinary team.
Benefits & Perks:
- The salary range for this position is $80,000 to $ 90,000 per year and is commensurate with experience relative to this position
- Company and performance-based bonus
- Comprehensive benefits
- Hybrid Work Arrangement - flexibility to work both in-office and remotely after 3 months of probation
- Thrive in a growing company and an environment that encourages professional development and advancement
- Develop major program activities to include, program planning, organization and establishment of strategies, program execution including cost, and progress reporting from program inception through completion
- Coordinate all project management activities including supplier negotiations, market research, product development, marketing, and product launches
- Develop sourcing strategies and ensure that they meet all of the business unit requirements (cost, schedule, volume, technical capabilities, quality, and reliability)
- Act as the primary program interface with the supplier and customer
- Develop new and improve current purchased product programs that lead to increasing business with suppliers and drive top and bottom-line results
- Manage fulfillment commitments, provide analysis, and what-ifs, and make adjustments to programs to maximize sales opportunities
- Conduct price analysis to ensure that product offerings are priced competitively in the market
- Facilitate training seminars to teach customers on features and benefits of products, and provide sales training to enhance the overall success of programs
- Post-secondary education in Business, Purchasing, Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and minimum 3 years program management experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Experience working in a distribution environment and direct supplier contact
- Experienced in product management, price analysis, and vendor management
- Prior experience working with big commodities such as mold parts, aluminum, steel, doors, and other products used in the building materials industry.
- Excellent purchasing negotiations and problem-solving skills required
- Proficient with MS Office tools, MS Excel, and Power BI.
- Must be versatile, able to work in a fast-paced environment, and be detail-oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and programs
- Bilingualism preferred
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.