Surrey, British Columbia•
Engineering & Technical•
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all employees on-site by monitoring that safe work procedures are understood and followed by everyone on site.
- Participate in daily Pre-Task Inspections (PTIs) and complete weekly safety inspections.
- Ensure ESC measures are constructed per ESC drawings as well as monitor and report daily ESC compliance.
- Ensure all crews have relevant job specifications and maintain compliance with project-specific quality requirements.
- Set up testing for various aspects of work, including subgrade inspection, compaction, pressure testing, trench densities, video testing, proof roll or beam tests, and more.
- Oversee concrete and asphalt testing (usually coordinated by subcontractors).
- Understand the contracts, special provisions, and payment structure for all work thoroughly.
- Identify best practices to improve project processes and review traffic management plans and drawings for compliance.
- Communicate with the project manager regarding additional work requirements and payment procedures.
- Ensure proper layout for the entire project, including clearing and grubbing, road stripping, storm/sanitary layout, catch basin, curb, and gutter layout, and more.
- Verify that all necessary permits are secured, including tree removal, highway use, building, plumbing, and third-party utility permits.
- Oversee the overall project schedule provided by the Project Manager, create, and maintain a weekly schedule, and develop/update a rolling 3-week lookahead schedule.
- Facilitate effective communication between all project stakeholders.
- Inform relevant management about requirements and any deficiencies and assist in determining necessary contract work.
- Communicate with the General Superintendent regarding crew and equipment needs.
- Manage community relations to minimize impacts on residents and businesses.
- Conduct daily dispatch meetings with foremen to optimize crew and equipment use.
- Control costs by reviewing estimates and production goals, as well as optimizing material movements.
- Coordinate all subcontractors while ensuring they are following the health and safety policies, environmental practices, and quality expectations.
- Determine whether crews should work on rainy days and notify all parties of any weather-related work stoppages.
- 5+ years of experience as a Superintendent (preferred).
- Proven experience in civil construction projects.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license.
- Willingness to travel throughout the Lower Mainland and beyond if necessary.
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and task prioritization.
- Strong problem-solving and risk evaluation capabilities.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.