Accounting & Finance•
Purpose of the Position:
The AP Coordinator will handle incoming invoices, bill payments, employee expenses, and employee credit cards for the organization.The primary role of the accounts payable coordinator is to collect and verify all payables within the organization. As a coordinator, this role has to check and ensure the accuracy of incoming invoices with sources within and outside the company, ensuring proper approvals and authorizations are in place, prior to processing payment. These invoices are then paid by the coordinator in a time frame that conforms to the company’s payment policies and/or as required by the issuer of the invoice.
The accounts payable coordinator manages purchase order entry, and monthly invoice accruals, if required. The coordinator tracks invoices and payments due, prioritizing them according to the terms of the invoice. Additionally, they carefully monitor all payments made and maintain those records for potential future disputes or auditing.
- Analyze account trends and routine transactions.
- Pay vendors, suppliers, and employees, and maintain records of each account.
- Maintain accurate vendor records within the ERP
- Enter purchase orders into the system, as required, with proper authorization
- Using Sage AP Automation, route incoming invoices and bills for authorization and coding.
- Utilize the employee credit card software (Concur) to administer the employee credit cards and to ensure employee expenses are completed in a timely manner
- Review receipts and records to reconcile discrepancies.
- Complete payments (cheques, wires, EFTs, and online payments, as applicable)
- Role will operate in a hybrid work environment during regular business hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting or education from a technical school with some training in accounting.
- Three years of experience in an accounts payable role.
- It requires excellent organizational skills and time management skills.
- Ability to use enterprise-level financial software, spreadsheets, and e-mail applications. Experience with Sage 300, Sage APA, and Concur would be an asset.
- Strong attention to detail.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.