Accounting & Finance•
Essential Duties and Responsibilites:
- Be a key contributor with regard to budget preparation in conjunction with senior and operational management team
- Contribute to the preparation and analysis of the financial statement package
- Develop and measure standard company financial metrics
- Prepare reports and statistics to support business operations
- Prepare cost projections
- Forecast revenues and expenditures and advise on future budgeting
- Assist in standardizing plant operations with the goal of minimizing process yield loss and providing exceptional quality products and services.
- Maintains a high degree of professionalism when dealing with staff, other departments within the organization, customers, and others in a courteous and professional manner
- Lead the effort to identify potential step changes that will improve overall operations and generate financial returns.
- Act as a liaison between the finance department and all other functional and operational departments
- Routine communication with supervisors relates to financial close, issues, and deliverables.
- Lead new analysis and provide assistance to financial analysts and general accountants.
- Responsible for reviewing for accuracy and timely consolidated financial statements and management reports for the company
- Accountable for assisting in the preparation of the monthly financial package, including budget vs. actual reports, variance analysis, and P&L analysis
- Conforms and abides by all regulations, policies, and work procedures and instructions
- Review accounting transactions for data accuracy.
- Investigates complex reporting discrepancies and identifies the root cause
- Analyze efficiency reports. Use your best judgement based on the information you have.
- Develop financial models through benchmarking and process analysis
- Assist in the development of financial policies.
- Works closely with operational groups and quality specialists to identify ways to make things better, including the corporate bottom line
- Reviews monthly and quarterly forecasts, identifies problems and provides effective solutions
- Provide financial analysis support to various areas of the company
- Identify opportunities for improvement or ways to increase efficiency, assist in the development of a project plan for implementing improvements, and monitor the new process to ensure it works as intended
- Analyze production bottlenecks and inefficiencies and suggest solutions
- Research and prepare complex variance analysis and explanations.
- Demonstrated skill in completing the job responsibilities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills ability to work with and interface with all departments.
- Demonstrates the ability to work well with computers and databases. MS Office programs, particularly Excel, and the MS Navision finance system (or a similar ERP system) are required.
- Strong knowledge of accounting and finance.
- Background in manufacturing methods, process improvement, Lean, and ISO programs are considered assets.
- Occasional travel may be required
- 7-10+ years of extensive and diverse related experience in a financial roll
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Accounting, or equivalent education or experience.
- CPA designation (e.g., CA, CMA, or CGA designations)
With this opportunity, our client offers a compensation package including:
- competitive salary
- annual incentive program
- comprehensive group benefits
- relocation program
- pension plan
- professional development program
- employee engagement and social activities
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.