Engineering & Technical•
- High-speed digital and analog board design including schematic entry, circuit simulations, electrical worst-case analysis, parts stress analysis, PWB layout design, and support to Circuit Card Assembly (CCA) drawings and manufacturing.
- Power electronics circuit card design, including DC/DC converters, linear/switching regulators, and filtering for EMI/EMC.
- Low-noise Analog circuit design including sensor front-end amplifiers, filtering, and data acquisition systems.
- Testing and debugging of CCAs at the board level, testing of avionics at the unit level, and system integration level.
- EMI/EMC testing of avionics and systems per MIL-STD-461, and overall awareness of EMI/EMC design principles and troubleshooting skills.
- DC Brushless/Brushed Motor Driver/Controllers, resolvers, and encoders design.
- Design of motor control schemes and sensors related to motor drivers.
- System-level Power, Grounding, and Bonding architectures.
- Perform electrical analysis for motors and motor controllers.
- Development and verification of System-level electrical specifications and requirements.
- Ability to work with the constraints of other disciplines (mechanical, thermal) to achieve overall project requirements.
- Technical presentations to customers like CSA and NASA for design reviews
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication, and organization skills.
- Strong human relations skills, and dedication to meet project deadlines.
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Electrical Engineering (or equivalent) degree is required.
- 7-10 years of professional experience in Electrical Engineering is required.
- Experience using electrical CAD tools such as ORCAD, Altium, and AutoCAD Electrical, Matlab, and PSPICE Simulators is required.
- Proficient in the use of test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, TDRs and VNAs, power amplifiers, function generators, etc.
- Eng, MASc, or PhD in Engineering is an asset.
- Familiarity with the space environment is an asset.
- Experience in working with customers such as NASA JPL and Lockheed Martin on integrating avionics to their vehicles (rover, spacecraft) at their assembly, integration, and test facilities is an asset.
- Matlab simulation experience for motor design is an asset.
- Interested candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree in Aerospace, Electrical, or Computer Systems Engineering, Physics/Applied Mathematics, or Engineering Science.
- Candidates will be considered for the Engineering or Sr. Engineer level based on their years of experience.
- The candidate must have demonstrated the ability to work in a team environment.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.