Accounting & Finance•
The Bookkeeper oversees the day-to-day activities of the company’s financial function and ensures accurate financial and management accounts. The Bookkeeper develops and maintains all necessary financial controls, systems and processes to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances and compliance with statutory requirements and professional standards.
- Produce accurate and timely financial information about the company’s financial status and performance to enable management and investors to make decisions relating to the company’s financial strength and security.
- Develop systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances and compliance with professional requirements.
- Produce all necessary internal statements and reports to enable the accurate measurement of cash flow and profit and loss, such as Monthly Consolidated P&L and Balance Sheet.
- Carry out any necessary internal audit reviews and act as the main point of contact with external auditors and provide them with all required information.
- Reconcile accounts, explain variances and recommend any changes necessary to improve and protect the company’s financial performance and financial controls.
- Prepare budgets, forecasts and cash flows for Residential, Commercial and Corporate divisions and maintains financial records, ledgers and accounting processes.
- Prepare financial reports on monthly, quarterly and annual basis and on other periodic cycle as required.
- Performs cash management duties.
- Review processing of A/P batches, system overnight runs and backups, invoices, work orders, cheques, car allowances and other daily accounting activities.
- Make application for rent increases.
- Oversee and manage the payroll process.
- Maintain group benefit records.
- Maintain employee records including payroll and Records of Employment.
- Monitor and record absences and vacations in each division and advise as necessary to managers.
- Maintain an awareness of the requirements of employment legislation to ensure that the company complies with all legal requirements.
- Attend monthly meetings and create and present monthly reports.
- Make final decisions on daily activities relating to company financials and resolve all financial issues.
- Achieve company goals by accepting ownership for the accomplishment of new and different request; exploring opportunity to add value to job accomplishments.
- Perform Controller duties in an efficient, professional and courteous manner.
- Completion of post-secondary education in bookkeeping, accounting and/or financial management.
- Property management experience is an asset.
- Minimum 3 years experience in an accounting position managing financial control systems and processes and analyzing financial data, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Knowledge of financial and accounting reporting systems. Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, and rolling budgets.
- Ability to produce reports within deadlines and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Must be team- and client-service oriented.
- Must be self-motivated and self-directed.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Time management skills, with the ability to prioritize, handle high volume workloads and multi-task daily activities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and computer skills required.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.