Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- A dynamic and collaborative work environment.
- Contribution to creating a safe and sustainable workplace.
- The chance to make a significant impact on the organization's success.
Facility Maintenance, Repairs, and Cleanliness:
- Provide general building maintenance and repairs.
- Lawn cutting and snow shoveling (including area salting) requirements with the flexibility for early morning starts.
- Perform basic janitorial duties as needed.
- Oversee regular inspections, repairs, and upgrades to maintain facilities in optimal condition.
- Manage vendors and contractors for maintenance and repair work.
- Collaborate with department heads to optimize space utilization.
- Plan and execute office layout changes or expansions as needed.
- Ensure compliance with local building codes and regulations.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement measures to mitigate potential hazards.
- Identify opportunities for cost savings and efficiency improvements.
- Monitor expenses related to maintenance, utilities, and repairs.
- Develop and maintain both office and general supply inventory and ordering.
- Promote sustainable practices and initiatives to reduce the organization's carbon footprint.
- Implement energy-efficient technologies and eco-friendly solutions.
- Ensure facilities meet all local, provincial, and federal regulations.
- Maintain compliance with health and safety standards.
- Handle permits and inspections as necessary.
- Develop and maintain emergency response plans.
- Lead health and safety committees.
- Take charge of response efforts during crises, such as natural disasters or security incidents.
- Proven experience in facility maintenance or related roles.
- Strong knowledge of building systems, maintenance, and operations.
- Familiarity with relevant laws, regulations, and safety standards.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Leadership and team management skills.
- "Get it done" attitude.
- Valid driver's license and vehicle required, as there are two sites – kilometers are reimbursed.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.