Accounting & Finance•
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the Senior Accountant is an integral part of the finance team and provides a variety of financial and team leadership responsibilities. The position requires an accounting designation and someone who takes a hands-on approach.
- Manage the full cycle accounting of a high transaction fast-paced organization.
- Review and analysis of trial balance, balance sheet, and income statement.
- Oversee the preparation and accuracy of daily cash receipt journals, POS transactions, and vendor payments.
- Oversee daily processes to ensure compliance with company policies and generally accepted accounting principles.
- Preparation of journal entries, bank reconciliations, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, fixed asset schedules, and inventory.
- Assist in the preparation and filing of GST returns, WCB returns, and annual T4 summaries.
- Canadian Accounting designation CPA, CMA, CGA is a REQUIREMENT.
- Experience with inter-company transactions.
- Public practice experience is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with ERP implementation is considered an asset.
- Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements, and reconciliations.
- Possess advanced problem-solving skills with the ability to proactively manage issues.
If you meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to submit your resume in confidence to Drea Larson, Senior Consultant, Accounting & Finance.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.