Engineering & Technical•
Responsibilities & Qualifications:
- Overseeing daily operations of the estimating function, including management of operational budgets.
- Managing, developing, and providing guidance to estimating team members.
- Tender housing products as needed to provide accurate information and competitive pricing in the timelines set out.
- Review new products and vendors to identify opportunities for improved quality and cost-effectiveness for cost analysis and consideration on future projects or specifications.
- Promote professional business relationships with vendors.
- Monitor vendor's performance to expected results and initiate corrective actions and change processes when required.
- Maintain and foster open and knowledgeable communication with vendors.
- Stay current with changes in the industry.
- Ensure the Estimating Department communicates and understands the estimating needs of all other departments in housing:
- Turn around pricing requests and requests for extras to sales, and construction staff and ensure POs and information are sent to trades, suppliers, and field staff promptly.
- Maintain and update accurate price books for standard extras.
- Keep current all housing specifications and scope of works.
- Supply preliminary pricing of new models and products on a needed basis.
- Ensure Estimating Department personnel receive direction to meet daily, weekly, and yearly workload requirements of the estimating department.
- Key Control/ Process due dates: Sales Release Proforma, Monthly Closing Reviews, and Re-Reviews.
- Hire, train, and maintain required staff to meet the overall housing objectives.
- Interview and provide recommendations to Management for hiring permanent staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations. Provide direction, monitor progress, and provide feedback to employees.
- Distributing job files for purchase to ensure completion and delivery promptly.
- Establishing general procedures within the estimating team while fostering a team spirit atmosphere.
- A strong communicator, you clearly express your thoughts in conversation as well as write and present in a persuasive and influencing manner.
- You are an active listener; you seek to understand and listen to others in a non-judgmental way.
- A creative problem solver, you think outside the box for solutions without fear of failure.
- You are a leader and attract, retain, develop, or improve the skills of others through effective coaching and guidance.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.