Amherst, Nova Scotia•
Engineering & Technical•
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the customer service representatives and Procurement staff.
- Liaise with the production organization when delivery expectations are not being met.
- Lead and develop project plans with other departments to prioritize the transition of new work to the plant
- Perform detailed analysis of specific programs' performance to objectives.
- Provide recommendations on long-term procurement strategy for key purchases
- Work with vendors to maintain accurate visibility of material supply to meet the scheduled customer requirements
- Review all customer contracts and provide recommendations to senior leadership on the impact of specific contract language and requirements
- Work with the customer procurement team, identifying opportunities and generation of new sales with the active customer base
- Chair internal and external progress review meetings, interfacing with customers and or Government executive level personnel
- Assist in the development of the division's annual strategic plan in collaboration with department heads and senior executive staff
- Act as the lead with program review meetings when they are hosted at the customers' premises.
- Ensure on-time delivery of all contracts
- University degree in a related field; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Industrial Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in a similar position
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification would be considered an asset
- Experience in the Aerospace and/or Manufacturing Industries preferred
- Strong analytical skills and can interpret and communicate results
- Must possess advanced computer skills including MS Office and Microsoft Project
- Strong people management, communication, and customer service skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for the Canadian controlled goods program (CGP), U.S. international traffic in arms regulations (ITAR), and Canadian government security clearances.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.