Sparwood, British Columbia•
Engineering & Technical•
Reporting to the Supervisor, Maintenance Execution, the Maintenance Specialist is responsible for implementing and supporting best practices in maintenance at company's mining operations. The position will specifically focus on work control, planning and scheduling continuous improvement activities to achieve sustainable long-term objectives. This position will suit experts in the field of maintenance who are driven to make lasting organization-wide impacts.
The key to excelling in this role lies in the qualities of a motivated individual possessing adept change management skills, a robust grasp of maintenance principles to enhance work control, and the ability to refine planning and scheduling practices to ensure seamless work execution. This role calls for meticulous attention to detail and a strong commitment to nurturing a safety-conscious culture. The ideal candidate will exhibit a deep passion for their work and unwavering determination to achieve their objectives. Of paramount importance is the capacity to communicate effectively and foster engagement with maintenance leaders, driving transformative change within the organization. (Please note that relocation is a requirement for this position).
Benefits & Perks:
- A comprehensive relocation package
- Attractive base salary
- Performance-based bonus
- Complete benefits package
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Support employee work performance by providing training, development opportunities, coaching and mentoring, and completing evaluations
- Deliver maintenance projects with key success factors aligned to the project business case, including health and safety, environmental compliance, schedule, cost, and quality
- Coordinate the development and sharing of ‘Best Practice’ templates for work planning, scheduling, and execution
- Coordinate working groups across the various sites to ensure effective learning and sharing in the communities of practice for maintenance execution, planning, and scheduling
- Evaluate, develop, and implement enhancements & fixes to both software and hardware that support the maintenance function
- A related engineering degree, or a technical diploma/trade certification, with a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years experience in maintenance planning and scheduling
- Understanding of CMMS functionality to support maintenance and procurement
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite®, particularly Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, and Outlook
- Project Management Professional (PMP), or Maintenance Management Professional (MMP)certification is an asset
- Must possess a valid Class 5 or equivalent driver’s license
- Ability to travel North and South America, fluent in Spanish would be an asset
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.