Engineering & Technical•
Working under the Support Engineering Manager, you will apply sound engineering judgment to ensure products are developed to be supportable and develop the support solution. You will be supporting the ILS Project Lead with work on the Canadian Surface Combatant Underwater Warfare Systems (CSC) and taking ownership of other ILS activities where required.
The focus of this role is to ensure the supportability of the CSC UWWS by helping shape the design for support and helping develop the support solution architecture.
- In coordination with the ILS Project Lead, tailor the scope and scale of ILS activities to meet the User, Customer, and requirements.
- Working collaboratively with designers to improve the reliability, maintainability, and usability aspects of designs.
- Providing input to the development of the optimum support solution for each customer, within the context of a wider product and capability roadmap.
- Completing life cycle cost analyses, level of repair analyses, failure modes, and effects analyses.
- Eliciting and deriving support requirements and proposing verification methods for requirements.
- Developing supportability cases and conducting analyses to provide progressive assurance of support solutions.
- Performing reliability modeling and undertaking maintainability analyses to optimize support arrangements.
- Assessing the human element of systems, including assessing the potential for human error as a contributor to system failures.
- Preparing, or providing input to, technical manuals such as troubleshooting guides or operations and maintenance manuals.
- Assisting with the identification and mitigation of hazards through system hazard analysis.
- Recommending design improvements based on analyses completed.
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes, policies, and procedures.
A dynamic and professional engineer with experience within a highly technical or regulated industry, you will:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Have knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas, with the ability to review work produced by domain specialists across the others:
- Operational Analysis & Whole Life Cost Modelling – Business Case Analyses, Trade-Off Analyses, Asset Management Program Development, etc.
- Reliability, Availability, Maintainability, and System Safety – Reliability Prediction, RBDs, FTAs, FMEAs, Robustness Growth, MTAs, Common Cause Analysis, Zonal Analysis, FRACAS/DRACAS, etc.
- The Candidate must be capable of acquiring a NATO secret security clearance and a Canadian Controlled Goods assessment to the satisfaction of the company.
- Experience using PTC Windchill, Isograph, or some other modeling software is considered an asset.
To achieve your personal and professional goals, you will:
- Display excellent interpersonal skills with a talent for rapidly building rapport with a broad range of internal and external customers from diverse backgrounds.
- Work to resolve conflict wherever it arises, promoting harmony within the team.
- Possess excellent communication skills and display the empathy and skill to adapt your communication style in response to others' needs.
- Be capable of providing mentorship and guidance to less experienced co-workers.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.