Accounting & Finance•
As a company, their mission is to carve out a niche in the intricate world of nature-based carbon offset projects and other commodities. At their core, they are pioneering solutions at the intersection of what empowers First Nation and industrial clients to realize the long-term economic benefits of our ecological services.
Our client is seeking a motivated and analytical individual to become a leader in their Business Services Division. Reporting to the Controller, the Finance/ Business Manager is responsible for leading a team responsible for the execution of all day-to-day financial functions of the organization and the clients they serve. You will lead the growth of their business services division delivering expertise in sustainability disclosures and solution case development.
Perks & Benefits:
- Dynamic and challenging work
- Opportunity to become a CPA leader in IFRS Sustainability Standard development and implementation
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Paid vacation
- Advancement and professional development opportunities
- Hybrid/remote work environment
- Develop and lead teams responsible for financial management, corporate governance, fundraising, and solutions case development.
- Provides financial management, advisory, and research services for a wide range of projects and initiatives.
- Performs financial analysis, forecasting, reporting, reconciliations, and monitoring the use of financial resources.
- Ensures all financial transactions are appropriately processed and recorded in the proper accounts in a manner that meets all applicable audit and regulatory requirements.
- Ensures that all regulatory and statutory reporting and remittances are met.
- Prepares documents for auditors during the annual audit process.
- Prepares accurate financial reports and budgetary updates.
- Prepares ongoing GL and journal entries to manage cash, A/R, and A/P.
- Prepares and interprets contracts, legal documents, and other agreements.
- Oversees payroll processing.
- Supervises and coaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, science, environmental studies, or other relevant fields.
- CPA designation or near completion.
- Strong working knowledge of Accounting, GAAP, and regulatory requirements.
- Minimum 5 years of proven experience performing full-cycle accounting.
- Experience successfully leading projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office products is essential.
- The ability to think analytically and creatively.
- Previous experience supervising staff is an asset.
- Experience with Ceridian is an asset.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.