Accounting & Finance•
As part of their team, you will be exposed to a wide variety of assurance engagements and completion of personal and corporate income tax returns, as well as year-end audits. The successful candidate will be hard-working, self-motivated, and have strong attention to detail. Our client offers a friendly work environment and a supportive and a supportive team and training program. The successful candidate must be excited about working within a well-functioning team where it is all hands on deck!
In this role, the successful candidate will work with monthly clients as well as be involved in year-end work.
- Creation of monthly financial statements for a set number of not-for-profit clients. This includes following a set procedure for all clients that allows you to record all pertinent financial information.
- The process starts with reconciling of the main operating bank account(s) and then recording the transaction necessary to balance the general ledger accounts in Adagio (a computer program used to present financial statements to the monthly client).
- Further entries are done to record monthly fees billed to parents, expensing of prepaid expenses, and other non-bank related journal entries.
- A final communication to return to the client will be a quick list of issues still unresolved that require their assistance.
- Set time frames are in place to complete this process within 2-3 working days
- Audit preparation work for daycare clients, review, and compilation engagements for corporate and not-for-profit clients.
- Extensive usage of Caseware computer programs for any year-end files. Also, knowledge of Sage 40 or QuickBooks would be highly advantageous.
- Completion of internally created Excel files would be done throughout the year-end process so experience with both Word and Excel would be an expectation.
- Possible reception relief over lunch break. All staff are gone for 30 minutes for lunch. Not all are gone at the same time. If phone calls come in during the receptionist’s lunch break, other staff answer the phone.
- Good communication skills to be able to talk to clients on the phone.
- Willingness to learn new programs that we will provide training for.
- Able to complete a bank reconciliation would be ideal but not a prerequisite.
- The primary computer skills required are familiarity with Word and Excel.
- Secondary computer skills in Sage 50 and QuickBooks would be a bonus but not required. We can train on those.
- Any knowledge of Adagio and Caseware would be great but not required.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.