Supply Chain & Operations•
Our client is committed to innovation, quality, and customer satisfaction. They continuously strive to deliver superior products that meet and exceed industry standards. They are currently seeking a dedicated and experienced Production Manager to join our team and contribute to the growth and success of our organization.
Benefits & Perks:
- Employer-paid benefits
- RRSP match
- Education reimbursed
As the Production Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the entire production process within the manufacturing facility. You will play a pivotal role in ensuring the efficient and effective utilization of resources while maintaining the highest standards of product quality and operational excellence. Your leadership and expertise will be essential in driving productivity, fostering a culture of continuous improvement, and achieving our production targets.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the manufacturing process, including planning, scheduling, and coordinating production activities to meet customer demands and deadlines.
- Collaborate with the Scheduler to review Estimated Order Quantities, reorder points, lot sizes, and safety stock periodically to ensure that computer quantities are correct based on current trends.
- Coordinate activities with Scheduler and material handlers to ensure an orderly flow of raw materials from receiving to production and finished goods from production to customers.
- Develop and implement production strategies to optimize operational efficiency, reduce waste, and minimize production costs without compromising product quality.
- Review daily work order variance report and undertake to determine any underlying issues that have resulted in a variance greater than 2% of established tolerances and assign corrective action to remediate any issues.
- Manage and monitor production schedules, ensuring timely delivery of products while maintaining high standards of quality and compliance with safety regulations.
- Lead and motivate a team of production staff and lead-hands, providing guidance, training, and support to ensure a skilled and cohesive workforce.
- Identify employees with the potential for growth within the company and conduct regular training sessions focusing on facilitating the development and growth of these employees within the organization.
- Collaborate with the purchasing department to ensure the uninterrupted flow of raw materials and supplies for the production process.
- Implement and maintain quality control measures to guarantee that all products meet established quality standards and customer specifications.
- Identify areas for process improvement and implement necessary changes to streamline production and enhance overall efficiency.
- Monitor and analyze production performance metrics, providing regular reports to the Vice President of Operations on production activities, challenges, and achievements.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety guidelines and promote a culture of safety consciousness among all production staff.
- Open the facility in the morning to ensure that employees can access the building in advance of their start times.
- Close the facility in the evening, including ensuring all lights and machines are turned off.
- Stay updated with industry trends, new technologies, and best practices, incorporating relevant advancements into the production process where appropriate.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a Post secondary on Engineering, Manufacturing Management, or a related field. Background in Lean.
- Proven experience (3+ years) in a managerial role within a manufacturing environment, demonstrating strong leadership and decision-making skills.
- Comprehensive understanding of production processes, machinery, and equipment, with a focus on quality control and efficiency.
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to meeting production targets and deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency in using production management software and familiarity with industry-specific technology and tools. Preference will be given to candidates with experience in Global Shop Solutions ERP.
- A results-driven mindset with a passion for continuous improvement and innovation in the janitorial and sanitation manufacturing sector.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.