Sales & Marketing•
The Sales and Store Manager is responsible for the day-to-day sales and operations of a retail store specializing in Catholic religious materials. This role involves overseeing accounting and bookkeeping tasks, managing inventory, and ordering supplies specific to clients’ needs. The Store Manager plays a pivotal role in ensuring a well-organized, customer-friendly environment that meets the needs of the local Catholic community.
- Participate in local community events and activities to promote the store and its offerings.
- Update displays regularly to highlight seasonal or featured items.
- Create attractive product displays that showcase Catholic materials effectively.
- Foster a strong rapport with the local Catholic community to build a loyal customer base.
- Address customer concerns and resolve issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Provide exceptional customer service, including assisting customers with product inquiries, recommendations, and purchases.
- Manage returns and exchanges with suppliers as needed.
- Place orders for new stock, ensuring timely deliveries and cost-effectiveness.
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers, negotiating terms and pricing.
- Research and identify new Catholic materials to add to the store's inventory.
- Implement inventory control practices to reduce losses and maximize profitability.
- Monitor inventory levels and order products to maintain adequate stock.
- Oversee the procurement and management of Catholic religious materials, including books, Bibles, religious artwork, sacramental items, and other religious goods.
- Understanding of the SAGE accounting program.
- Good working knowledge of Excel including using a variety of formulae.
- Keep accurate financial records, including sales, expenses, and inventory.
- Exemplary customer service and a commitment to moving product.
- Implement and enforce store policies and procedures.
- Schedule and supervise store staff, including sales associates and clerical staff.
- Create an inviting and customer-friendly atmosphere to enhance the shopping experience.
- Maintain the overall organization and cleanliness of the store.
- A bachelor's degree in business, management, or a related field is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in retail management, preferably in a bookstore or religious materials store.
- Strong understanding of accounting and bookkeeping principles.
- Knowledge of Catholic religious materials and customs is a must.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Effective communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Proficiency in inventory management software and point-of-sale systems.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings as required.
- A commitment to promoting and respecting the Catholic and Christian faith and values.
- Some heavy lifting up to 45 pounds may be required occasionally.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.