Engineering & Technical•
In this position, your primary responsibility will be to provide crucial support to a cross-functional team dedicated to conducting testing procedures for space-based hardware. You will have access to cutting-edge laboratories and advanced equipment, which will enable you to thoroughly validate designs and meet the specific mission requirements. Through rigorous testing, your efforts will be instrumental in ensuring that our products consistently meet and exceed the established system requirements.
- Support the companies' test laboratories by operating complex test equipment such as thermal vacuum chambers, thermal chambers, vibration shakers, and Instron test equipment.
- Provide necessary guidance to technical teams to ensure that equipment is used in accordance with workplace safety and health standards.
- Support troubleshooting and other technical issues that could arise during testing.
- Apply creativity and technical problem-solving skills to design and operational challenges associated with the maintenance, calibration, and repair of specialized equipment testing diagnostic systems.
- Provide technical support to various different programs and personnel and work with engineering teams and other technicians organically and constructively.
- Manage equipment appropriately to meet testing timelines and schedule constraints while ensuring calibration and maintenance
- Coordinate and clearly communicate with different stakeholders. Coordinate meetings and ensure stakeholders are aware of equipment availability and potential test schedule conflicts.
- Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience performing hands-on environmental testing or equivalent.
- Experience operating vibration, static structural, and thermal test equipment.
- Experience writing environmental (structural, TVAC, thermal, etc) testing procedures and test reports.
- Hand-on experience with operating test equipment by following health and safety policies and procedures.
- Understanding of spacecraft requirements such as materials in vacuum and extreme environments would be considered an asset.
- Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical drawings.
- Experience in navigating technical discussions with engineering teams.
- Multi-tasking and task-prioritizing capability.
Successful candidates must obtain and hold security clearance at the reliability status level, and pass security assessment for the Controlled Goods Program (CGP) and ITAR.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.