British Columbia, British Columbia•
This position offers the opportunity to work with a leading North American copper producer with a strong commitment to operational excellence, sustainability, and responsible development. If you are an outdoorsy individual who would like to live with easy access to skiing, hiking, mountain biking, and lakes, while also building your HR career, please apply today!
- Manage various Labour Relations functions, including overseeing the grievance procedure, leading employee investigations, and participating in Company/Union Management meetings.
- Take charge of employee training and development initiatives, such as supervisor training, mentorship programs, and ad hoc training requests.
- Play a key role in Company retention and talent development initiatives through the management of the Employee Performance and Development Portal.
- Provide guidance to managers and employees on the interpretation of personnel policies, compensation and benefits programs, and the Collective Agreement.
- Support team members in coordinating, documenting, and reporting the Claims Management process (WCB, Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability).
- Lead the full cycle recruitment process, including interviews, offer letter preparation, and site orientations.
- Contribute to various other projects and duties as required by departmental demands.
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated HR experience, preferably in a unionized industrial environment. (Candidates with less experience, but willing to relocate to Williams Lake are also encouraged to apply).
- Working knowledge of applicable employment standards and human rights legislation.
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to maintaining high levels of integrity and confidentiality.
- Ability to lead, mentor, and collaborate with team members in a constructive manner.
- CPHR designation or CPHR Candidacy would be an asset.
- Relocation required to Williams Lake.
- Williams Lake serves as a central hub for numerous smaller communities, with a population of approximately 12,000.
- Features an extensive trail network for mountain biking, walking, and hiking.
- Access to dozens of nearby lakes for fishing, paddling, and camping opportunities.
- Close proximity to cross-country and downhill skiing venues.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.