Richmond, British Columbia•
The Senior Contracts Specialist is a vital member of the Geointelligence team. This role reports to the legal department, involves collaboration with many senior-level executives, and is crucial for complex procurement projects.
- Craft Procurement Strategies: Collaborate with project teams to create procurement strategies, evaluate industrial capacity, and make informed decisions. Define scope and budget for intricate procurements, presenting detailed strategies for project bids.
- Lead Industry Engagement: Organize the tender evaluation and supplier selection/negotiation process for complex procurements, ensuring alignment with project constraints and contractual language. Facilitate stakeholder understanding of contract implications.
- Contract Drafting: Develop, present, and execute various agreement documents, including contracts, teaming agreements, confidentiality agreements, and licensing agreements for both sales and procurements.
- Progress and Reporting: Regularly review and report on procurement/contract performance, maintaining documented records of commitments and understandings with customers, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Adherence to Procurement Processes: Stay informed about and communicate line of business procurement activities, procedures, and policies. Ensure timely execution of agreements to safeguard interests.
- Continuous Improvement Advocacy and Management: Continuously improve and modernize procurement/contracting practices.
- Education: Possess post-secondary education, including a technical or business management certificate from a recognized institute of technology or a university degree in accounting, business, science, law, or engineering.
- Experience: Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in complex procurements/contracts, with an advantage for experience with Canadian government contracts and familiarity with relevant government regulations and export requirements.
- Leadership Skills: Demonstrate effective communication, interpersonal, and negotiating skills, and operate well within a team and autonomously.
- Collaborative Nature: Exhibit the ability to collaborate with peers, stakeholders, internal teams, partners, and customers.
- Software Proficiency: Be experienced with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and have proficiency in MS Office.
- Clearance: Must be able to obtain CGP and ITAR clearance.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.