Accounting & Finance•
Our client follows a hybrid work structure where employees must work three days on site.
- Providing financial support in the monthly financial reporting process
- Overseeing and supporting junior staff
- Prepare monthly revenue recognition for project base accounting.
- Preparation of Revenue Recognition Accounting White Papers in line with IFRS15
- Preparation of SRED forecast Schedules on quarterly basis and Annual SRED Tax Return
- Prepare monthly management and external reporting financial packages and support schedules
- Preparing budgets and forecasts including financial analysis for business decisions
- Liaise and support managers to drive the planning process for the BU's
- Analyze data and create financial models
- Conduct monthly variance and trend analyses and report findings
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Ensure the SOX controls are implemented and conduct a self-audit of SOX compliance
- Prepare audit schedules and manage/respond to queries from External/Internal auditors
- Post secondary degree, with professional accounting designation (CA, CPA, CGA, CMA)
- At least 8 years of accumulated experience in relevant accounting disciplines with ideally more than one year in a business environment outside of public practice accounting firms
- Strong analytical skills and organizational acumen to present complex information
- Knowledge and background in project revenue recognition, specifically % of completion method of accounting
- Ability to review contracts/deliverables and relate them to IFRS15 rules
- Strong knowledge of Public Company SOX compliance requirements
- Good working knowledge of SRED tax credits for technology development
- Aptitude for identifying, reviewing, evaluating and analyzing complex information relevant to real business analysis and decision needs, and for presenting appropriate solutions
- Highly skilled with Excel to perform financial modelling
- Prepare and present information with confidence and clarity to senior management
- High level of professionalism, initiative, and creativity
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
- Security Clearance required: Reliability and Canadian Goods Program
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.