The Human Resources Manager acts as a strong business partner with the Human Resources team to support hiring managers in the execution of recruitment strategies for all corporate roles for the organization. It is responsible for full life-cycle recruitment from forecasting, in-take meetings with hiring managers, strategic sourcing, screening, interviewing, and presentation of offer letters to successful candidates.
This role requires a seasoned recruiter who can work in a fast-paced environment with strong client management skills and the ability to identify, attract, and acquire the best available talent to assist the
organization in meeting our objectives. This role is a strong brand ambassador both internally and
externally. The role also assists the HR Director in project management and execution of HR strategies and programs.
- Partners with business leaders in forecasting internal talent management and job creation and evaluation.
- Takes a consultative approach with hiring managers to identify talent requirements, job specifications, job duties, qualifications, and skills required to fill new and replacement roles.
- Provide weekly activity updates to Hiring Managers on searches and reporting against agreed-upon recruiting metrics i.e., time to fill, quality of hire, cost per hire, etc.
- Responsible for full life cycle recruitment.
- Acts as the single point of contact for candidates of assigned searches throughout the recruitment process.
- Conducts telephone and/or personal interviews to assess candidates on required qualifications, succession planning, and cultural fit.
- Schedules interviews with qualified candidates for specific job openings
- Understands the organization’s business and service offerings and keeps up to date with what’s happening in the landscape in order to attract key talent.
- Establish strong relationships with internal business partners to proactively understand their environments and needs.
- Provides a thorough prescreening of candidates against requirements of the search and makes recommendations to hiring managers.
- Partners with the compensation and benefits team to provide hiring managers with market data on the roles and provide feedback on candidates' offer expectations.
- Accountable for implementing proactive recruiting strategies for core, repeat, or volume roles.
- Works with external background check provider to facilitate standard checks on successful final candidates, reviews results and forwards recommendations to hiring managers.
- Supports the development of process improvements for Talent Acquisition based on feedback from the business.
- Proactive collaboration with the Human Resources team and the business to understand the changes as new programs are initiated.
- Collaborate with the team of talent acquisition consultants to identify ways to improve the candidate’s experience.
- Support and own strategic talent acquisition projects related to employment branding, referrals, internal movement, sourcing initiatives, campus/career fairs, etc.
- Develop and facilitate training on soft skills for internal business partners.
- Support in the management and execution of campus recruitment initiatives inclusive of maintaining relationships with Universities and Colleges, attendance of campus career fairs, and relationship development/management with students.
- Implement workforce planning of business areas assigned.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned as required.
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Human Resources or related discipline an asset.
- CHRP Designation an asset.
- Requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of comprehensive recruiting experience utilizing a variety of recruiting vehicles and sources.
- Ability to establish priorities and manage deadlines.
- Excellent client management experience and strong consultation skills.
- Results-oriented with a demonstrated ability to meet deliverables with aggressive deadlines.
- A high-level awareness of labor-market trends and current best practices pertaining to recruitment and
- Excellent consultative skills in recruiting support.
- Ability to build strong relationships.
- Understanding of recruiting principles and HR best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong sourcing and networking skills.
- Strong organizational skills; and attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others, implementing HR staffing processes, strategies, and programs.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to multi-task; versatile.
- Strong organizational and planning skills; attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
We are an award-winning employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply for our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit.
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.