Accounting & Finance•
Join a top employer and advance your career. Aplin has partnered with a National organization to assist them in finding candidates for an Accountant based out of their location in Regina, SK. This employer is a leader in their industry and provides a strong culture with an employee ownership mindset. They promote from within and treat their employees like family.
- Collects, reconciles, obtains approval, and processes through business systems all project-related trade partner payments, general expenditures, internal payroll costing allocations (including recharge).
- Completes all financial transactions in a timely and accurate manner in order to meet all contract payment terms as per legislation, contract terms, and policy and procedures.
- Participates in monthly forecast review meetings for assigned projects to provide input on recoveries and various other reconciliations.
- Provides project team with various ad hoc reports and analysis as required.
- Assists with year-end procedures as assigned.
- Assembles client billings package in accordance with contract terms and conditions and follows up appropriately to ensure on-time payment.
- Prepares bank deposits and/or monthly reconciliations and prepares subsequent
- cash receipt entries where required.
- Assists with the review and analysis of monthly contract reports to ensure accuracy of cash-flow, fee reconciliation, and ledger balance. Subsequently follows up with project management staff and accounting manager to identify any irregularities or risk exposure, and assists with the development of a strategy to address accordingly.
- Ensures that all required documentation, including insurance, bonding, SDI, workers compensation, statutory declarations, and lien waivers is in place.
- Interprets trade partner documentation for accounting-related items only, and follows established accounting procedures.
- Assists with the assembly of information for internal and external audits.
- Effectively communicates with internal and external stakeholders to resolve issues.
- Supports finance and commercial risk management with special assignments as
- Develops and maintains strong customer focused relationships with all stakeholders.
- Values and models the solution provider and profitability culture.
- Other duties as required.
- Post secondary degree or diploma in a related discipline.
- Active pursuit of accounting designation an asset.
- 2 years of progressive experience with direct project administration and accounting in the construction or a related industry preferred.
- Introductory knowledge of construction industry; understands general construction terms and processes.
- Understanding of full-cycle accounting.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting principles, including maintenance of ledgers and cash-flows.
- Basic understanding of project forecasting and budgeting.
- Basic knowledge of project costing principles, recoveries, insurance, and contract/ subcontract requirements as related to accounting.
- Understands and complies with all labor agreements, government legislation, and basic knowledge of government legislation regarding accounting and applicable generally accepted accounting practices and standards.
- Intermediate understanding of lien rights.
- Basic exposure to bid and contract securities and insurance as they relate to risk management, claims management, pricing, and accounting.
- Exposure to owner contracts as they relate to payment terms, billing requirements, audit rights, and cost-of-work definition.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment, with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with conflicting deadlines.
- Ability to act with the required discretion when handling confidential information.
- Strong organizational skills and high level of detail orientation, with the ability to accurately prepare and enter financial information to meet deadlines and requirements.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective stakeholder relationships.
- Intermediate skills using Microsoft Office Suite and knowledge and experience with accounting software.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.