Engineering & Technical•
The Manager of Land and Environment provides management expertise in or to see the land portfolio while supporting the environmental team. This includes executing all aspects of the maintenance of land strategies while supporting environmental strategies, programs, and standards to business and operational realities across North American operations while ensuring alignment between corporate philosophies, goals, and outcomes, and while maintaining compliance with all relevant legislated and client requirements.
Responsibilities will include interpreting, developing, and implementing governmental regulations into company policy and procedures, leading the management of all owned and leased properties, supporting the management of owned properties, and ensuring compliance for environmental matters across operations while supporting corporate sustainability initiatives.
- Support Environmental Social and Corporate Governance Strategies and Initiatives.
- Ensure land and environmental databases are maintained for new and existing properties.
- Answer land contract queries from outside parties, accounting, and other in-house staff.
- Identify and assess land for potential purchase based on project specifications.
- Support development, maintenance, and implementation of land banking strategies.
- Facilitate stakeholder engagement for any new land acquired and/or leases needing renewal.
- Ensure information is gathered, interpreted, maintained, and acted on for environmental policy, leases, permits, requirements, government regulatory proposals, changes, permit and lease renewals, pending legislation, and changing company direction.
- Support review of property tax assessments.
- Support the maintenance and implementation of the environmental management system for the Organization to ensure sustainable development and operations in alignment with corporate goals and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct impact assessments to identify, assess, and effectively manage the Organization's environmental risks.
- Keep up to date with changes in land and environmental legislation and best practice initiatives.
- Liaise with regulatory bodies such as governmental environmental agencies.
- Audit and analyze environmental performance data and report information to internal staff, clients, and regulatory bodies as required.
- Work collaboratively with professional peers and other internal stakeholders.
- Comply with contract management requirements.
- Evaluate and support the development and submission of RFPs.
- Participate in negotiations of key contracts and service agreements.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of economic trends and location and zoning ordinances.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in land management, earth science, forestry, environmental engineering, environmental sciences, or related field is required.
- Professional land and/or environmental designation recognized in Alberta and/or British Columbia is preferred.
- Effective leadership skills, including experience leading professionals.
- At least 10 years of experience in land and environmental management is required.
- A solid understanding of surface leases on crown land in western Canada is required.
- Understanding of environmental issues related to the reclamation is preferred.
- Experience in acquiring and selling land, including completion of due diligence activities is required.
- Experience working with environmental government agencies and municipal planning departments is required.
- Proven ability to conduct environmental audits of project activities is preferred.
- Experience in investigating environmental incidents; providing reporting and recommending/following action(s) to completion is preferred.
- Experience in the mitigation and minimization of environmental-related impacts is preferred.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Experience in wildland firefighting and completing FireSmart plans would be an asset.
- A valider’s license with a safe driving record is required.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.