Engineering & Technical•
- Lead and coordinate day-to-day execution of the multi-disciplinary project team, in support of the Program Manager, to meet technical, schedule requirements and budget constraints.
- Apply and organize assigned resources to execute the work scope. Ensure shortages or conflicts are identified to the Program Manager.
- Ensure ongoing project team coordination and communication, especially across disciplines, to ensure full buy-in to project objectives. Work to resolve any issues and ensure team buy-in.
- Coordinate intra-project activities with key support resources, including Systems Lead, Technical Leads, Back End resources (e.g., Ops Coordinator, Shipping, Manufacturing, Buyers).
- MAIT coordination including generation of test plans and procedures, the coordination of GSE (design, procurement, assembly) and test facilities, the timely release of documents and test implementation. This may be in support of Systems, I&T, and/or Software Lead.
- Identify and manage customer and program risks and opportunities including prioritization, mitigation, escalation, and resolution. Track the status of risks retired, risks realized, and project assumptions that no longer hold.
- Support the Program Manager to negotiate, discuss, and reach an agreement with the customer with respect to key requirements and objectives of the program, as well as the funding, resources, and methods required. Where there are disconnects, including process gaps/tailoring, ensure the Program Manager is aware and that there is consistency of approach within the team.
- Support non-labor management, including monitoring Planning Engine generation. Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers, via Contracts and Buyers, to ensure non-labor is forecast, committed, and received to meet project timelines and cost objectives.
- Support the Program Manager with control of the program through a process of regular program reviews, design reviews, audits, staff meetings, and other program meetings. Provide technical guidance, direction, and decision-making to the program team.
- Support preparation of detailed schedule to track program progress, including assessments of costs to date and estimates to complete and develop work-around plans as required to achieve cost and schedule objectives. This is done with the Program Manager and PP&C resources.
- Support preparation for monthly program reviews and, as required, briefings to senior management to maintain visibility of the program throughout the organization.
- Support program visibility at the customer level through regular technical, management, and progress meetings. Liaise with customers to maintain effective relationships, install, and enhance the customer’s confidence in the quality of systems and products.
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical/business education.
- 8 years of experience in engineering functions in space, robotics, or related technical field. Willingness to learn about different areas of expertise.
- Experience with team leadership, task estimating, and monitoring. Familiarity with Earned Value Methodology. Experience with development work and risk management in engineering application development. Experience with the complete project life cycle.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills and conflict management skills; able to motivate a team. Willingness to work with external stakeholders. An aptitude for creative and innovative thinking is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.