Sales & Marketing•
The Director of Sales is a senior leadership role responsible for developing and executing sales strategies, managing the sales team, and achieving revenue targets for the organization. This role directly reports to the President/CEO. The individual in this role will play a pivotal role in driving the company's growth and market expansion through effective sales planning, team leadership, and customer relationship management.
The Director of Sales is a critical role that requires a blend of business acumen, strategic thinking, leadership, and hands-on involvement in driving sales growth. This individual will contribute significantly to the organization's success by fostering a high-performing sales team and effectively positioning the company's products/services in the market.
- Sales Strategy Development: Develop and execute the overall sales strategy in alignment with company goals and objectives. Identify target markets, segments, and customer profiles to drive sales growth. Contribute to the development of the annual operating plan and lead the sales team to meet and exceed targets including sales, margin, service levels, and safety.
- Team Leadership: Recruit, train, and lead the sales team. Provide guidance, coaching, and support to ensure team members are motivated, equipped, and capable of achieving their individual and collective targets.
- Revenue Generation: Set ambitious sales targets and quotas for the sales team. Monitor performance metrics and implement strategies to achieve and exceed revenue goals.
- Market Analysis: Stay informed about industry trends, market conditions, and competitors. Use this information to adapt the sales strategy and positioning of products/services accordingly.
- Customer Relationship Management: Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with key clients and accounts. Understand customer needs and pain points to tailor sales approaches and solutions.
- Sales Process Improvement: Continuously assess and enhance the sales process to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across the organization. Identify bottlenecks, streamline procedures, and implement best practices.
- Sales Forecasting and Reporting: Develop accurate sales forecasts and regular reports for the executive team. Provide insights into sales performance, market trends, and potential opportunities or challenges.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Chemistry, or a related field.
- Proven track record of successful sales leadership, preferably in a similar industry.
- Strong understanding of sales techniques, strategies, and customer relationship management.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to interpret sales data and market trends.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful sales strategies.
- Proficiency in using CRM software and other sales management tools.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Results-driven and goal-oriented mindset.
- Ability to adapt to changing market dynamics and lead teams through uncertainty.
- Strong negotiation and presentation skills.
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.