Engineering & Technical•
This role will manage numerous capital projects, in forming the planning process and leading projects from the start of preliminary design through to commissioning.
- Represents the organization at public consultations, presentations, open houses, and face-to-face interactions with the public, contractors, and regulatory agencies.
- Designs in-house projects in accordance with engineering standards and best practices and seals/stamps engineering drawings as appropriate.
- Research into and make recommendations to adapt new technologies, techniques, and materials in the design and construction of water, wastewater, and transportation infrastructure.
- Selects, directs, and supervises consulting engineers in the design and construction of regional capital works.
- Obtains all necessary regulatory approvals and permits.
- Ensures the full involvement of client divisions/departments in the implementation of regional projects including coordinating the participation of infrastructure planning, water/wastewater operations, and maintenance and road operations staff.
- Exercises effective cost and schedule control of Capital Projects.
- Ensures that the works are constructed in compliance with the contract documents and applicable Health and Safety Policies.
- Acts as a key contributor in the value engineering exercises to ensure all infrastructure meets its intended functions in accordance with the project scope.
- Ensures that any complaints received from the public during the work period are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepares reports to the Regional Council.
- Provide input to continuous improvement of design criteria and project delivery manuals.
- Contributes as a stakeholder to the planning of the 10-year capital program.
- Educates, coaches, and mentors junior project/engineering staff.
- Represents the Section on departmental or corporate committees as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Degree in Civil Engineering (or similar), Professional Engineering License (P. Eng.).
- A minimum of six (6) years of directly related experience in the areas of design, construction, contract administration, and the commissioning of water and wastewater (linear and facility) and/or transportation infrastructure.
- Experience delivering complex and innovative capital projects on schedule and on budget.
- Expert project management, strategic planning, and analytical problem-solving skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with strong facilitation, negotiation, and dispute resolution skills, are required to interface with multiple stakeholders including regional staff, contractors, consultants, council, and the general public.
- Knowledge of evolving technologies, in-depth technical engineering and construction knowledge, and be familiar with relevant standards, documentation, and legislation (Safe Drinking Water Act, Clean Water Act, Ontario Water Resources Act, Environmental Protection Act, American Water Works Association Standards, Construction Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, etc.).
Aplin, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, is an employment agency that finds top talent for exceptional organizations across North America. There are no fees to apply to our jobs or engage with our recruiters to find a new career. Companies hire us to help them grow their teams. All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. This includes having proper documentation, such as a work permit. Visit our website to learn more: www.aplin.com
Easily manage your email preference and unsubscribe at any time. Aplin does not share your personal data with any third party, and our recruiters do not present your resume to any of our clients without first obtaining your permission.